If you are one of the 85% of Indians who
don’t regularly check tyre pressure, you need
We take in nitrogen with every breath. Air is composed of:
- 1% Water Vapor and Other Gases – Escapes up to 250 times faster than Nitrogen
- 21% Oxygen – Escapes 3-4 times faster than Nitrogen
- 78% Nitrogen – The largest molecule in
air, dry, non-flammable.
Because of their large size, nitrogen molecules are the least permeable and stay in your tire longer.
It’s not about the nitrogen. It’s about reducing oxygen, water vapor and other gases.
By reducing the percentage of oxygen, water vapor and other gases in your tires from 22% to 7% or lower, your tires will maintain proper pressure longer than if you use “plain old air.” For example, with 99% nitrogen in your tires, they retain optimal pressure three to four times longer.
Proper tire pressure is a big deal.
Maintain it with nitrogen, and you’ll see
these three primary benefits:
- Increased Fuel Efficiency – Correct tire pressure keeps the manufacturer’s recommended “contact patch” on the road. This lessens the rolling resistance and maximizes fuel efficiency.
- Longer Tire Life – When it comes in contact with other materials, oxygen causes oxidation. Oxidation can make rubber brittle and cause it to lose tensile strength. In addition, at high temperatures and pressures, oxygen reacts and damages inner tire liners and belt packages; nitrogen does not.
- Increased Safety – Under-inflated tires cause 90% of blowouts. Nitrogen provides more reliable pressure for reduced blowout potential.